Wolf Pen Gap ATV Trails
Bethesda Lake Cabins have ride in access to Wolf Pen Gap ATV trails. Guests can stay in the cabins and legally ride to any of the trailheads.
Bethesda Lake is on our property and you as the guest of the Resort have the exclusive access to the lake to use it as you please – fishing, kayaking, etc.
The Resort borders the Ouachita Nation Forest, home to 1.8 million acres of hunting, fishing, off-roading, and scenic drives. Mena, Arkansas is nestled in the Ouachita Mountain range, with countless breathtaking views only minutes from town and the Resort.
- Bethesda Lake is on our property and you as the guest of Stonehill Cottages have the exclusive access to the lake to use it as you please – fishing, kayaking, etc.
- Multiple highly recommended restaurants located ten minutes or less from the cottages even though the cottages are located on the boundary of the National Forest and are in a very rural setting.
- Gather around the fire pit!
- Property borders National Forest directly.
- Lots of Main Street Boutique clothes shops for shopping as well as multiple antique shops.
- Wolf Pen Gap is just down the road from our location. Bring your ATV’s or rent ATV’s and hit the trails!!! See “additional info” page for more details
- Mountain Biking and Hiking Trails – www.ouachitaadventures.com for a comprehensive list of trails
- Albert Pike Recreational Area, seasonal trout fishing
- Area Lakes – Ouachita, Wilhelmina, Gillham Lake, Irons Fork Reservoir, Shady Lake & Lake Greeson (fishing guides, ski and bass boat rentals available)
- Rivers – Cossatot River, Little Missouri River, Ouachita River, Caddo River. (they make excellent swimming holes)
- Canoe and kayak rentals
- Earthquake Ridge hiking trail
- Orchard Trail Hiking Trail
- Queen Wilhelmina State Park Trails
- Talimena Scenic Byway
- Cossatot River
- Ouachita River
- Mountain Fork River
- Ouachita Recreational Trail
- KCS Historic Train Depot
- Irons Fork Lake, Lake Ouachita
- Lake Wilhelmina
- Shady Lake Recreational Area
- Little Missouri Falls
- Heavener Runestone Park
- Rich Mountain
- Bard Springs Recreational Area
- Crater of Diamonds State Park
- Downtown Mena also has number antique stores for those that love to collect antiques.
- Swimming in mountain streams and creeks
- Talimena Scenic Byway
- Cossatot River State Park Check out the Cossatot River – Whether you take the kids to swim, canoe, kayak or want to catch an educational class – the State Park has something to offer everyone.
- Ouachita National Forest
- Ouachita National Recreational Trail
- Ouachita Little Theater
- Jansen Park Great place to take the kids to play on the playground and see the ducks in the pond and gorgeous fountain. Perfect place for a family picnic and pictures.
- Christian Motorcyclist Association National Headquarters
- Mena Art Gallery – check out the many local talented artists
- Local spas
- Hunting & Fishing. Click here for more information on fishing locations: https://www.agfc.com/fishing/Pages/fishingLocationsCo.aspx?show=57
- Golfing – Lions Club (disk golf), Country Club, and Glenwood Country Club courses
- Antique shopping- Mena has NUMEROUS antique shops downtown. Downtown Mena is an antique shopper’s dream!
- Whitewater rafting on the Cossatot River – the only Class V white water in the southern United States
- Board Camp Crystal Mine Take the kids and mine for crystals!!!
- Take the kids to paint their own pottery at Chameleon Arts – 623 Mena St
- https://craterofdiamondsstatepark.com/ Take the kids to dig for diamonds! Yes Diamonds!
- More tourist information available at www.visitmena.com
- Community Events